Mango and Avocado Summer Rolls
Prep Time45 minutes
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water plus more as needed to thin
- 1 tablespoon honey or coconut sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lime about 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
For the summer rolls:
- 6-8 6-inch rice paper wrappers
- a handful of fresh herb leaves such as mint cilantro or basil
- 1 Tiny Tim’s Avocado sliced
- 1 mango peeled and julienned
- 1/2 bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 English cucumber julienned
- 1 cup baby spring mix lettuce or other baby greens
To make the peanut sauce, add all the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick for dipping, add a small amount of water and blend again. Repeat until desired consistency is reached.
To make the summer rolls, soak a rice paper wrapper in a shallow bowl filled with lukewarm water until pliable, about 10 seconds. Remove and lay flat on a clean surface.
Add a few herbs to the center of the wrapper followed by 2-3 slices of avocado. Next, add a few pieces each of the mango, bell pepper and cucumber slices. Top with just enough lettuce to still be able to close the wrapper.
Fold the sides of the wrapper inward, then fold the bottom up and begin to roll upwards. Close tightly and place seam side down on a plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve with peanut sauce.
Recipe by: Le Petit Eats