Baked Gluten-Free Darling Lemon® Coconut Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 2.5 Darling Lemons®
- 1 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2.5 tbsp Darling Lemon® juice, plus the other half for the icing
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut, for topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp Darling Lemon® juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Darling Lemon® zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the gluten-free flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Darling Lemon® zest.
- In an another bowl, mix together the coconut milk, lemon juice, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag or a large ziplock bag. Cut a small hole in the corner.
- Grease the donut pan and then pipe the batter into the pan, until even with edge of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- To make the icing, mix the powdered sugar, coconut milk, Darling Lemon® juice, vanilla, lemon zest.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them into the icing and then into the shredded coconut. Let sit for 30 minutes for the icing to set.