Mini Darling Lemon® Cheesecakes With Gingersnap Crust
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 16 gingersnaps (double if mini)
- ¼ brown sugar
- 12 oz. 1 1/2 blocks original cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sour cream – room temperature
- 1/4 c. fresh Darling Lemon® juice
- Zest of 2 Darling Lemons®
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs – room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a standard size muffin tin or ramekins with paper liners (about 12 if using a muffin tin, about 6 if using ramekins)
- In a food processor, blend gingersnaps and brown sugar until smooth crumbs. Add in butter 1 Tb. at a time until all incorporated.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of the crust mixture into the bottom of each liner. Press to create a firm, even crust. Bake for 6-8 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- With mixing speed on low, gradually add the sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat for an additional minute on medium speed.
- Divide the batter between the liners, making sure to have at least 1/8 inch of liner showing. Tap the pan on the counter 3 times to eliminate extra air. Place into the oven and bake for 24-26 minutes until mostly firm (middle may still look soft). Crack the door to the oven and allow the cheesecakes to rest for 10 minutes before transferring the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.