Darling Clementines® Cake
Prep Time20 Minutes
Total TimeAbout 1 hour
- 4 Darling Clementines, rinsed and dried (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) plus 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-cup bundt pan.
- Peel 2 of the Darling Clementines and leave a third unpeeled (optional). Cut all three into quarters.
- In a food processor, process clementines and granulated sugar until smooth. Rind should be reduced to small flecks throughout the mixture. (Watch for an occasional seed.) Add ¾ cup butter, then eggs, processing after each addition until smooth. Batter will appear curdled.
- Add flour and baking powder, and process until combined. Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven about 40 to 45 minutes until golden. Cool on rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- To make icing: grate rind and squeeze juice from remaining Darling Clementines. In food processor, measure teaspoon rind and 2 tablespoons juice. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the powdered sugar and liqueur. Process until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Makes 12 to 14 servings.