Citrus Brown Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (337g) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tb. Darling Orange® zest
- ½ tbsp. Darling Lemon® zest, plus extra for topping
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), cream together butter and sugar until blended and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk one at a time along with vanilla and citrus zest.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated.
- Chill dough for an hour before rolling into balls the size of a ping-pong and placing on an oiled baking sheet.
- Press down slightly and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. While cookies are hot, sprinkle with brown sugar and citrus zest.