Brûléed Oranges With Citrus Spiced Whipped Cream
- 3 Darling Oranges®, halved
- ⅓ cup fine sugar/brown sugar
- 1 carton heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Darling Orange® zest
- Kitchen torch or broiler
- Place brown sugar in a bowl and place oranges cut-side down into the sugar, getting an even layer of sugar and removing excess. Repeat with each half. With a kitchen torch, brûlée the sugar by moving back and forth in a steady motion until sugar bubbles and begins to harden.
- While the crust sets, whip heavy cream in a cold bowl with maple syrup and vanilla extract until fluffy. Gently stir in cinnamon and orange zest.
- Top cooled oranges with whipped cream and serve immediately. To enjoy, run a spoon between the flesh and rind of the orange and scoop out brûléed pieces.