Teriyaki Steak Salad with Caramelized Darling Oranges®
- 1 lb. Flank steak
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 2 Darling Oranges®, cut in segments
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package arugula
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided, plus more for serving
- 2 T. avocado oil, divided
- Salt + pepper
- Mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat steak dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Sear steak for 3 minutes on one side, then turn and brush on 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce. Cook for another 3 minutes and then transfer skillet to the oven and cook for 8-10 more minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Remove steak and let reset for at least 10 minutes before slicing. To the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and heat over medium-low heat. Add in Darling Orange® segments and sear for a few minutes per side, adding in remaining teriyaki sauce halfway through and allowing to cook until reduced and caramelized.
- Divide arugula, cheese, and sliced onion among bowls. Top with warm sliced steak and caramelized oranges. Garnish with mint and serve with extra teriyaki sauce.