Slow Cooker Darling Minneola® Chipotle Pork
- 1 (6-lb.) skinless, boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 Tb. plus 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tb. dried oregano
- 1 Tb. brown sugar
- 1 Tb. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. finely grated
- Darling Minneola® zest
- 1 cup fresh Darling Minneola® juice
- 1 T chili in adobo sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- Favorite BBQ sauce mixed with 1 tsp minneola zest (optional)
- Mix oregano, brown sugar, chili powder, cinnamon, minneola zest, and remaining 2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Rub all over pork, then transfer pork to slow cooker.
- Add minneola juice, adobo sauce and garlic, then toss to coat.
- Cook on high 6 hours or on low 10 hours until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove, shred, and mix with remaining juices and zesty citrus barbecue sauce if desired.