Darling Lemon® Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- 10 ounces of linguine pasta (spaghetti or fettuccine will also work)
- 1 pound of asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1.5 Tbs. Darling Lemon® zest, divided
- 1 Tb. Darling Lemon® juice
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, lemon slices and 1/4 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1 lb. grilled chicken breasts, sliced (optional)
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water according to package instructions. Add the asparagus to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain pasta and asparagus, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- In small pot, combine the heavy cream, butter, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp. lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the cream sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly, adding pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Add half the asparagus, reserving the rest to top.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Garnish with chopped parsley, remaining asparagus, lemon zest and lemon slices if desired. Add sliced chicken breast if desired.