Suavo Avocado® Cheesecake with Walnut Crust
3/4 cup shelled walnuts
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon crushed anise seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Suavo Avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened and cut in piece
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In food processor, pulse walnuts until finely ground. Add graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, anise seeds and salt; pulse just until combined. Add 2 tablespoons water; pulse until ingredients are thoroughly combined and resemble wet sand.
- Press into bottom of an 8 1/2-inch springform pan. Bake 20 minutes; cool completely.
- In measuring cup or small bowl, combine gelatin with 2 tablespoons water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- With vegetable peeler, remove strips of lemon zest (yellow portion only).
- In saucepan, combine milk, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and lemon zest; bring to boil. Add gelatin; simmer until gelatin has completely dissolved, about 1 minute; strain and discard lemon zest.
- In food processor, combine Suavo Avocados and cream cheese. Pour hot milk mixture into processor; process until very smooth.
- Pour into baked crust; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set. Remove side of pan; cut cheesecake into 10 slices. Serve with raspberry sauce, if desired.
Cheesecake is best when served the same day; any leftover cheesecake should be securely covered with clear plastic wrap and refrigerated.