Orange Lemongrass Margarita
- 2 ounces tequila or mezcal
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce lemongrass simple syrup, recipe below
- Ice for serving
Lemongrass simple syrup:
- 3 tbsp (from about 1 stalk) lemongrass, minced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Lemongrass Simple Syrup:
In a small saucepan, combine lemongrass, sugar, and water. Bring to a simmer, and continue to simmer over low heat until the sugar has melted and lemongrass is fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
Strain out the lemongrass and store infused simple syrup in a heat-proof container.
In a cocktail shaker, combine a cup of ice with tequila, orange liqueur, orange juice, lime juice, and lemongrass simple syrup. Shake vigorously and pour in a glass over ice. Serve with an extra orange wedge or stalk of lemongrass.
A Recipe From: Eat Cho Food